Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice on how to get over extreme guilt?

Had a knot in my stomach for a few days now, feeling nauseous. Was debating whether to adopt a 6 yr old adult tom cat from the SPCA. Felt sorry for him, so I adopted him. Once he was home I noticed his urine was extremely potent and smelly, which ';should'; go away in a couple of weeks. Brought him out a couple times he would scratch our furniture. Our existing cat was acting scared and not purring like her normal self. I felt guilty for my existing cat, felt guilty for adopting the tom cat and not wanting him anymore because he is a great cat. I took him back to the SPCA yesterday after having him for a couple days and feel horrible. Realized I was a ';one'; cat person, I can't handle two. I didn't feel the same towards the tom cat like I did my existing one, I felt a little bitter towards him for smelling up my house and making my current cat act different. How can I get over this guilt of sending him back. Adopting him and sending him back was one of the hardest choices I've had to makeAny advice on how to get over extreme guilt?
One should not feel guilty when they have committed no transgressions. Guilt is relieved by forgiveness and atonement. You have nothing to atone for. You have not harmed the cat. You have not harmed the SPCA. You did your best and the situation did not work out. Be that as it may, make a donation to the SPCA and send them a letter thanking them for their understanding. Then move on.Any advice on how to get over extreme guilt?
The very best thing for you to do is to pray and ask God for forgiveness. He knows that you really did want to help the new cat; while at the same time...you didn't want to create a difficult situation for your existing cat. If you had not already had a cat at home, it might have worked out. You could also call the SPCA and see if the other cat is still there; if it is...you could go check on him and make sure he's alright.
Hey at least you have a conscience. You sound like you have a good heart, which is more than can be said for a lot of people. I think you did the right thing for both of you.
All pets like people are not compatible to everyone. That behavior was what placed him/her outside the home in the first place. Too bad you dis try meds but this cat needs special 24/7 attention I think.


Some animals need someone home with them.
Tell yourself the truth, over and over. The truth being, you tried, you did your best, and that cat will be happier living somewhere else in a one cat household. You, your cat and that cat will all do better because of the wise choice you made. Congratulate yourself, you did something hard, but it was the right thing to do! : )
Remind yourself that this cat was just not fit for YOU! He tore up your furniture (which is not cheap) and he Pee'd your house up with Liquid Sulfur...It's not worth trying to be a good Samaritan if you can't see because your eyes are burning. Chock it up as a mistake and love the cat you have correctly.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment