Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I just got braces and I need some advice on how to get rid of the pain.?

They just hurt alot and I take pain killers and all.


But what about when I eat food. How long will it take until I am able to eat solid foods again?I just got braces and I need some advice on how to get rid of the pain.?
The pain of having braces is no small matter. I know exactly how it feels, and it is nearly impossible to eat even the softest foods - when I got mine, I couldn't even chew the noodles in chicken noodle soup for a few days. I found that applesauce, broth, pudding and popscicles were good to eat the firest few days.





Be sure to stay hydrated, even though you don't feel like chewing and eating. Drink lots of cold fluids, which will help numb the pain. Also a mild pain reliever such as tylenol or advil can help.





When your mouth starts to feel better and you start to eat again, you will develop painful sores on the inside of your mouth from where the metal rubs on the insides of your cheeks. Make sure to ask your orthodontist for some wax, and put it on the braces where they rub the most. This will greatly help with the pain, and help your cheeks to not become raw.





Though the pain is pretty bad, just keep remembering that sono you will have a beautiful smile and it will all have been worth it! Good luck!I just got braces and I need some advice on how to get rid of the pain.?
Tylenol - take like 2 and a half, that should help with the pain. (Braces suck don't they??) Good luck to you! Pretty soon, you'll have a gorgeous smile!
Sleep, keep your mouth shut most of the time, tight. Don't eat hard food or they'll break and you'll start from square one. don't play with your toungue. Try to forget they exist!
when i got mine they really pulled and they really hurt, so i took some paracetamol and that helped a little. i started off eating things like soup and pasta (soft food) i ate them slowly and gently. you can eat solid foods after about 3 days or so but eat them slowly and carefully. believe me you will thank your braces one day!
It takes about a week or 2 at most to eat solid food again. There's nothing to do to completely rid the pain but to wait it out.
take them out
I've had braces twice, for 4 years, and i have some ideas-When you first get braces, you HAVE to get wax from your orthodontist-advil, smoothies, and basicly, you just have to lay low for a few days, because it's just going to hurt no matter WHAT you do

No comments:

Post a Comment