Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am afraid of the dentist. Any advice as to how to deal with this?

I had a root canal four years ago. Ever since then I have been fearful to return (as I have to have wisdom teeth removed)to the dentist. Any advice?I am afraid of the dentist. Any advice as to how to deal with this?
Ok, you are my soulmate lol. Just kidding. I had to have a root canal when i was about 16 and it sucked ***. The dentist that did it doesnt believe in novacaine and so just stabbed me with the needle to numb the area without putting the topical on and letting it work








I promised myself i would never go back to a dentist. Well then my parents changed insurances and we went to their new dentist. I was scared shitless.


And the root canal had to be finished. I can honestly say that i dont mind going to the dentist from that visit on. and i have had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled by the same guy and while i was wide awake. The only time i felt pain of course was when the number wore off. It was great. And now they have this topical version of the hypodermic novacaine. Basically, same numbness, no shot. Its frickin great!!!!!








So anyway my suggestion to you is to try to find a dentist that is sensitive to your situation. I dont know where you live, but you could call 1-800-dental if your in california, even southern cali i think. And if you are in southern cali, I go to this dentist at Hospitality Dental in San Bernardino. I promise that most of the time i am looking forward to my dental appointments. If you are not in california you can maybe look in your phone book and find a dentist that actually advertises special treatment for special situations.








Best of luck to you and i really hope you can find something tolerable.I am afraid of the dentist. Any advice as to how to deal with this?
dont be scared its nothing.i was in a accident and i had to remove my 6 front teeth and its not that bad a piece of cake good luck
Your not the only one. I had my bad experiences as well My advice to you is to just stay calm. Their only here to help you. Just get it on over with. Don't you know having a tooth in your mouth that needs to come out can cause major problems along with that tooth ache. It's really not that bad. It all depends on the dentist who does it. Some detists are rougher than others. You will be ok! Also they have dentist for cowards, like myself, listed in the yellow pages. That may help!
Get a dentist who understands this and gives you laughing gas before he starts to look at and clean your teeth, although that does come with certian risks, at least you'll be out for the procedure.


I absolutely hate the dentist, I am terrified of her! But my insurance doesn't cover the laughing gas when I'm only just afraid of mine. It's awful that I have the typical british set of teeth, with tons of problems, cavities etcetc, but I just get through it by shaking to myself and politely telling the dentist to not bother talking to me and go as fast and as accurately as humanly possible.





Oh! Or you could bring a CD player or iPod or some such to keep your mind off whats going on if that kind of thing works for you.
You need to keep in mind the dentist is working for your health.





The other side is, if you avoid required dental work, you will be seeing a PERIODONTIST instead when your teeth start falling out, your gums receed, and your gums get diseased. I've had 6 gum surgeries. Trust me, dental work is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment