Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can someone offer me advice about how to afford a trip?

Hi,





I want to make it clear that I'm not asking for money, but I would like to hear from anyone who can offer some helpful advice. I got accepted for a study abroad program in Europe, but the trouble is that I've looked into it and there are no loans or scholarships available.


I really have my heart set on going. I was planning on going this November but I am going to ask them if I can change my dates and go in March, if I can't get the money in time.





I'm freaking out because this has been my dream since I was small and I have waited all my life to go. I work full-time, but only earn about $1,200 a month right now, and I've applied for part-time jobs left and right, but I haven't had any luck.





I would like to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation, but found a way to get the money... what I really need are some ideas.


What are some ideas for ways that I can get the money?


This program will help me to get a lucrative job, once I finish and have the credential, but right now I'm not qualified for a good job and I'm so sick of struggling. I think I just need some words of comfort.





What I'm trying to say, has anyone else ever heard of someone who struggled, like me, but found a way to afford to travel??? I will be so gratfeul for ideas!





I can't postpone my trip any later than March... or I can't go. :-(





Thanks!Can someone offer me advice about how to afford a trip?
You might give a thought to your extended relatives. If any are even slightly well off, do not be afraid to take your story to them. You might be surprised by how they react...by helping you they will be sharing your adventure vicariously, and being proud of lending a hand to your later triumphs.





I turned to an aunt-in-law is such a situation once, and all she had was one question...how much?Can someone offer me advice about how to afford a trip?
I won Erasmus Scholarship and I went to Barcelona, I just had the money for the flight....


Within a week I found a job and a room. Be brave and leave, You'll find a solution! (where do you have to go?because you could even find a job from your home) send CVs to all the hotels of the zone, you're a mother-togue English speaker, right? Then any hotel needs you....
im moving abroad next month. you didnt say where you live, but what ive done is move back in with my parents for the last 2 months (it hasnt been the most fun in the world) but its really helpful for saving money (my parents dont make me pay them for rent or food or anything i just pay my cell phone and student loan bills and clothes and stuff like that)





if that isnt an option for you, seee if you can tutor kids after school. you can charge $35+ cash an hour and save up all the money for your trip. i would be very frugal abotu EVERYTHING. firstly, walmart has CHEAP food (i dont mean go buy meat or anythign there) but in terms of cereals, snacks, bread, spread, packaged stuff it is signficantly cheaper than grocery stores, as are their shampoos, soap, toothpaste, etc.





fill up gas when you see it cheap sorry ';cheap'; (usually if you go early in the morning they haven't raised the price yet for the day).





other ways of saving are looking for coupons, buying only sale items, saving change too (it adds up) try to use your credit card as little as possible because then you wont be overspending.





you can defintely do it, just keep your eyes open for deals and save every penny. you could bartend or serve on weekends too, they make hefty sums of cash.





goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment