Sunday, August 22, 2010

Does anyone have any advice on how to clean up my credit more or less quickly?

The problem is that I don't make that much now, and I don't know if there are any agencies (i.e. non-profit) that could help out someone in my situation. Oh, and most of the things I owe aren't to credit cards or any repossessions, foreclosures or anything of that sort. Just utilities, cell bill, and various little things that have been sent to collectors. Thanks!!!!Does anyone have any advice on how to clean up my credit more or less quickly?
Are you concerned about cleaning up your credit or paying the bills that have been reported to the credit agencies? Or both?





If you are concerned about paying the bills quickly due to disconnects or closing of accounts then it's possible that if you talk to the creditors they will work with you to make managable payments until you get caught up. Sometimes payments can be deferred or reduced. And with Sprint, I'd take a good look at your bill. We had over $140 refunded to us a couple of months ago because of illegitimate charges, but I had to have a manager go back over every detail of the account.





If you are concerned with fixing your credit score in a hurry then I did hear of a technique where you can have someone with good credit that has made on time payments on accounts actually put you on their account. They don't actually give you the account information so you cannot use the credit, but it then reflects on your credit that you have positive payment history on at least some accounts. The more accoutns you have the better your score reflects. I have heard of companies that provide the service. If I remember correctly you pay something like $1800 for 3 accounts. If you also have a nice family member that would do the same for you it's possible to get the same result without paying. Last I heard this was still legal. However, ethical is another question. It's maybe worth looking into it though if you need your credit fixed in a hurry.Does anyone have any advice on how to clean up my credit more or less quickly?
You can try your local church or social agencies, or the utility companies themselves, or your local govt may have a program to help you out.
Try Googling ';Consumer Credit Counseling Service';


I used them many years ago in Denver, they are nation-wide.


Be careful. There are scam artists working this field.

No comments:

Post a Comment