Monday, August 23, 2010

Help!!! Need a parents advice on how to get rid of and kill headlice!!!?

I just asked this Q in health%26amp; Beauty but not getting much answers- I just got lice 2 weeks after my 4 month old neice got it from our nephew(my niece already has a ton of hair)-Me %26amp; my sister took all the pre-cautions -we treated it with Lice killing shampoo,washed everything in the house -vacumed the house and the car out -and even threw some stuff away - we also spent hours combing nits out of my nieces hair-We have been checking each others heads everyday and we have all been clear- So now 2 weeks later I cant understand how I got it today I found a lice bug and 4 nits in my hair!!- I just treated myself with the shampoo %26amp; have fine combed through my hair but found no more nits or bugs and have to wait 10 days until I can use the shampoo again -what else can I do besides nit-picking/combing them out in the mean time -any advice, remedies or products that have worked for you %26amp; your family - what about tea tree oil or vinegar?? Any suggestions - Help please !!!Help!!! Need a parents advice on how to get rid of and kill headlice!!!?
Mayonaise... cover the head completely (I mean the hair, not the entire head...) with mayo, and let it soak for a couple of hours. Then wash out with regular shampoo and rinse like normal.





This will suffocate the lice and kill them all, as well as weaken the bond the nits have on the hair stem. This method worked well for my children a few years ago when they got head lice from school.Help!!! Need a parents advice on how to get rid of and kill headlice!!!?
Olive Oil. Put a 1/2 bottle totally over the head area. Put a shower cap all over it. You will feel them moving and trying to run but it will be so slippery that they will die. They can't feed on the blood if there is not enough grip. Let it sit for a few hours then wash it out with the lice shampoo. Rinse and then comb her hair. Later wash it again to get the rest of the olive oil out. Again comb the nits.


This should get rid of the nits and lice. Remember it only takes 1 nit to start the cycle again.
well ive shaved my head but im not sure ur willing to do that
My mum used vinegar and a toothbrush on my hair. Seemed to work for me..
They say soaking your hair with kerosene will do the trick, and I am not even joking.





Just keep the matches away. LOL
you need to use kerosene. that is what i used in the past. it is strong enogh to kill.
coconut shampoo...it kills them...My sister is a hair dresser and done this for her child...
I got headlice years ago from a little neighborhood girl that used to come over and I used to do her hair with my hairbrush. I tried everything...Mayonaise, vinegar, lice treatments. Norhing worked. I went to the store and bought a hair coloring kit. It was a frosting kit but I used it over my entire head. It worked. My child also got it a couple years ago from school. I couldn't color her hair but I used the lice treatment. Everyday in between the 10 days for the treatment I would sit down with the nit comb and go through every inch of her hair looking for eggs. Clear ones. dark ones. Anything I saw. I pulled it out with the comb. If it wouldn't come out I would pick it out with my finger nails. It only takes one egg and you won't get rid of them. And of course I would wash everything and bag the stuff animals too. You have to be persistant and not be lazy about it or they will multiply quick and it will be worse.
Tea Tree oil is a natural pesticide. It will also help to heal any sores they have broken out on your head (I had a really really bad case of this a few years back) - and if you have it in your hair the mosquitos will stay away from you too.





That being said, dying my hair was what kicked it. But I also broke up with my boyfriend of whom I suspected was the one who kept giving it to me after I treated my head.
you must first learn their language, mate with their women, and in time, your differences will be forgotten
Okay, It's disgusting but you need to do this. Cover your whole hair with a beer or cover your hair and scalp with a coconut oil the pure one! MAINTAINANCE: Take a bath everyday
apply coconut oil every day and wash it away with shampoo thrice a week
hi the good way to get rid of head lice is to use vinegar it kills the eggs as well, put it on leave over night or couple hours use lice comb tried and tested on many occasions
I have five children and i had a real problem with headlice


what i found worked for them was use nit lotion overnight them comb through then apply some kind of lotion body lotion conditioner etc anything to make the hair slippy section all the hair and bit by bit put metal nit comb through each piece of hair because if you dont get rid of all the eggs your always goona get nits hatching out,then wash and shmpoo as normal also nits do not like hairspray so try using that each day its worked for my girls and have been nit free for two years but i still put a comb through on a regular basis hope this helps!!!
Try Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner, it does work and isnt harsh, if you use head lice shampoo too often the lice become immune and your in trouble also you can poison your system especially if you are using it on such young kids it happened to my daughter. Everytime you wash your hair comb it throu with a nit comb and it shouldnt get out of hand also the more you comb your hair you break the lices legs and they cant lay eggs
try calling the doctor...he can call somthing in to the pharmacy...that may work

No comments:

Post a Comment