Monday, August 23, 2010

In falling deeper in debt but pursuing my dream. Any advice on how to stay afloat?

I've done the corporate thing, and although it made me a decent living, I was miserable. So I made the commitment to myself to pursue my music career, ALL THE WAY. Not trying to find time after a long hard days work at a stuffy corporation then come home EXHAUSTED and try to muster up some creativity to write some music. I just wasn't working at all. Since i've been unemployed my craft has gotten stronger, and I know its only a matter of time until it really starts to pay off (i've made a few bucks here and there, but it's not steady). Being unemployed is really starting to take its toll. I have montly benefit checks that come in but its not nearly enough to pay my ever growning debt. Any advice on how to take control over this situation? I know that getting a job is the most obvious choice but getting a job will take away from my music, which I am working full time on. It's tricky but I know it can be done... I just don't know how!In falling deeper in debt but pursuing my dream. Any advice on how to stay afloat?
I know you're not going to like my answer but we have to be real here. You don't want to get deeper and deeper in debt. It's OK to dream but follow your dreams on your days off. On the weekend or when you get off work I know you're tired but following your dreams comes with great sacrifice as you know already.In falling deeper in debt but pursuing my dream. Any advice on how to stay afloat?
Why don't you teach private music lessons? This way you will be able to do what you love, while teaching others. Even though you don't want to work, I am sure you would be able to get a part-time position 20 hours/wk and wait tables, etc. Just b/c you don't want to do it doesn't mean you don't have to.
You need to have an income at all times. I know lots of artists. A very small handful make a living at it. Eventually you'll have to make a living either at music or at something else. Why not do casual gigs? You usually make 300 a night doing those. What about giving lessons. What about a part time job. You said it's only a matter of time before it pays off. It's not paying off now. It could be years before you sell anything. Face it, there are thousands of people doing the same thing you are. There is a real posibility you will never make a living at this. You're setting yourself up for a real disaster. Like I said, I know lots of artists and the one who last have substantial adult incomes. Usually apart from their craft. Persue your dream but face reality. If you're really ready to do what it takes, realize it'll probably take two full time jobs. One is for the music, one is for the income.
Go to school.





I don't know if you have a Bachelor's, but graduate school is great! They'll usually pay you a little to teach some undergraduates the fundamentals of whatever you're learning to do at a higher level. If you didn't do undergrad, then what better time?





You can meet lots of like-minded people, especially in grad school. People who are in the same spot you are. You can learn from extremely bright, experienced individuals (profs) how to do your craft better than you ever imagined. You can usually take some college loans which offer a much better interest rate than any other source of debt....





I love grad school, if it isn't obvious :)
I am sorry I wish I had a answer for you, all I know is that you need to think postive, something good will happen, Have you heard of the secret, well check this out, BELIEVE ME, this dvd has changed my life, you can download it for free, PLEASE WATCH IT...





It will prove to you that all your dreams will come true with postive thinking..





http://thesecret.tv/





I wish you all the luck. and success....

No comments:

Post a Comment