Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice on how to deal with Anxiety?

I have bad anxiety and do not want to take medication. I was on Paxil for a while for it but have finally gotten off and would like to keep it that way. I am willing to take vitamins or supplementst but not medicine. My doctor said to try yoga but I can't afford to take a class and doing yoga at my house isn't relaxing because my kids won't leave me alone.Any advice on how to deal with Anxiety?
try Yoga after the kids go to sleep or before they get up


take a relaxing bath by candlelight and soothing music


( yes, the kids will learn to leave you alone during that time IF you teach them to)


take a walk


meditate


try BuSpar- its non addictiveAny advice on how to deal with Anxiety?
Yoga can be done... just fine a time when the kids are asleep. Anything can be done and you can find ways to do it if you are determine to do it. I had an anxiety attack few months ago for the first time. For a few months I realize it was because of all the stress i had while going to school. I found a way to help my anxiety so I wouldnt have to be put on medication. And that was exercising at least 3 times a week. It helped me and hopefully it can help you too. Find a outdoor activity that you can take your kids to go play too. Doesn't have to be yoga. Hope this helps. Good luck to you!
bE CAREFREE


OPEN YOUR MIND AND HEART
I suffer quite badly from anxiety- in fact I think that it actually started after I stopped taking anti-depressants many years ago so I totally understand why you dont want to take medication again- it kind of just masks the problem but doesn heal it.


I am not sure if its something that really ever goes completely but you need to find what works for you to ease it and to handle it.


-The most important thing is breathing- slow it down, take a deep breath in and out. It really does calm you down.


-Excercise alleviates it even a brisk walk once a day can make you feel better.


-Avoiding alcohol/ caffeine and other stimulants- I remember suffering so badly at one time I was even afraid to eat chocolate in case it set me off again.


-I also find herbal tea such as camomile really calms it- it tastes pretty crap but it really is calming.


-Keeping a diary of feelings helps too- you may be able to recognise a pattern.


-Go to your local library and take out a few books about it- they can really help you learn about how the body/mind works and they are full of good tips.


- Finally just making the effort to do things that little bit slower/ not rushing around or stressing can help, well it helps me feel a little more in control.





I hope this helps.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment