Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any mums out there a little advice needed on how to approach my mum about this.?

Umm well I have just been diagnosed with anorexia and I have been lying to my mum about what I eat and stuff. I have been covering it up with layers and baggy clothing so she didn't notice.


I really can't do this alone anymore, but I don't want to hurt her.


How should I tell her letter, face to face? What would you prefer?


How would you react if you daughter told you this? Would you be angry?


Thanks for the helpAny mums out there a little advice needed on how to approach my mum about this.?
Ask your mum to sit down, and say ';Mum, I've got a problem';. Then just tell her. Apologize for lying to her; tell her you were too scared to about what was happening to you. You thought you could handle the problem yourself, but now see that you need help. She will not be hurt, she will not be angry. She will listen, and will do everything possible to help you. She will be relieved that you are asking for help. It takes a strong person to face up to this disorder, and it looks like you're taking the first steps to a healthier life style. Good luck!Any mums out there a little advice needed on how to approach my mum about this.?
you should just be honest and ask her for help if your willing to commit. i was anorexic and battled it for a long time and tho i am over it it still does come back every few years and its a struggle. its hard to get over alone when no one is helping or supporting you. i would just confront her and tell her you want the help and want her to help and support you because you cant do it alone. she will hurt most likely but she will help you as its not something to mess around with so she will do what it takes to help you
I would react just like I am now, try to get you help and be understanding. There is never an easy way to tell your parents anything, do what is the best way for you. I have worked in behavioral health and this is an ugly habit that can have long term consequences on your health, which also include death. Get help fast, tell your parents anyway you have to. I wish you luck!
i would not be angry i would be concerned, society today puts out a false image of the way a girl should look but i firmly believe God gave you an *** and titties not for you to get rid of them but to be proud of your curves, as far as telling your mom i would tell her however you feel most comfortable but you should tell her soon she needs to know so she can help you get better
Face to face and no, I wouldn't be angry. It's a disease that needs to be treated. I would go about finding the help she needs and forget about all the other stuff.
Just be honest, and tell her, what you have told us, your Mum wont be angry, she will want to help you the best she can.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment