Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice or tips on how to prepare for the GREs?

So I'm taking the GRE exam this year. I've already been practicing with books (the Kaplan books seems to be more helpful than the Princeton Review in my opinion). I wanted to know if anyone out there who has already taken the exams and got a good score had any tips on how to be well prepared.Also, is the exam anything like the problems they show you in the books?? I want to make sure so I'm not wasting my time.





I'd love any kind of advice. Thank you!Any advice or tips on how to prepare for the GREs?
1) Don't start preparing earlier than 6 month, you'll get exhaused if you study too much, or forget what you've done in the beginning if you study not enough. Giving yourself more than 6 months is not efficient.





2) Give yourself at least 2 months though, less is not enough.





3) Start with books - they are useful. Yes, they are pretty much like the real exam. You don't have to buy them, they are available in libraries.





4) Register early - each registered person gets a free DVD with 2 computer test! So you can use it for preparations!





5) Try to find Kaplan's computer test collection on the Internet. That's not a study course, just a program which generates tests for you exactly like the real one. I was able to find it for free 3 years ago. Maybe still available. VERY useful.





6) Start with doing tests withou timing, and do 1 or 2. Ideally you should be able to do everything if no time limit. Then start timimg yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment