Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Can anyone help me with advice for how to get a flight for a dog?

I would like to fly my dog out West from my parents back east. So I would just be booking a flight for the dog, not me. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Best airline? My dog is about 50 pounds, and I've heard that means he will have to be shipped as cargo. Any help would be great...thanks!!Can anyone help me with advice for how to get a flight for a dog?
Here is a website link to Continental's Pet Safe program. It will provide you with lot's of information and phone numbers. Continental is the only airline I think, that has climate controlled kennel facilities for animals traveling as cargo, and they have an excellent record.





http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/con鈥?/a>Can anyone help me with advice for how to get a flight for a dog?
i shipped my beagle via contential airline. they require a health record from the vet that is dated within 10 days of the flight and updated shots. i believe we paid around $200 for her to fly from pittsburgh to dallas. my parents dropped her off at the cargo station and from there she was brought to the plane where we recieved a call stating she was on the plane. we picked her up at the cargo station here in dallas. they require the dog to be a crate large enough for him/her to be able to turn around. you have to provide a bag of food (which they didnt use for our dog) as well as attachable dishes. the dishes have to be on the front of the crate so they dont have to open the crate to give the water and food.





i would just call contential and see what else they require and the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment