Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am moving from Georgia to Arizona, I want advice on how to transport my plants with me.?

Before you do anything else, check with the State of Arizona regarding possible prohibition of the import of live plants into the state. Several of the western states will not allow at least some species of live plants to be brought in.I am moving from Georgia to Arizona, I want advice on how to transport my plants with me.?
Arizona has mostly sand than soil.





what kinds of plants do you own.





have you checked to see if they will grow in Arizona's climate?I am moving from Georgia to Arizona, I want advice on how to transport my plants with me.?
I wouldn't even try to take your plants to Arizona. Plants suited for Georgia are not suited for Arizona. You'll need to learn a whole new way to garden with drought tolerant plants. Lush and Beautiful to Dry and Arid...Why in the world?
Besides checking the regulations on plants in that state be sure you don't over expose your plants to a harsher sunlight than they are used to. You don't say how big your plants are or how you plan to move them... so I will assume you will have a truck or moving van. Your smaller plants can be gently packed in boxes the day you move, your larger plants may be more of a problem but can be packed in between large pieces of furniture that has been secured. All should survive the move just fine and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment