Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Any advice on how to get into Oxbridge for medicine?

I'm doing my GCSEs at the moment, and I really want to study medicine at university. I'm not sure though what a-levels to choose, or what I could do to get into a university of my choice, like oxbridge. At the moment, for GCSE my options are french, spanish, re, history, greek and a reading and thinking skills course, which counts as a short course GCSE. My cousin studied at oxford, and now I'm desperate to get in! Any advice would be great!


Thanks


EmmaAny advice on how to get into Oxbridge for medicine?
You definitely need A-A* levels in science and a fair bit of them. You need As or Bs in the other courses you're taking, but if you expect to study medicine at Oxford or Cambridge, the minimum you'll have to have is two hard sciences, and even that is pushing a point. Get enrolled in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and do well, and do so quickly.Any advice on how to get into Oxbridge for medicine?
If you want to study medicine, you need to do Biology and Chemistry at A-levels, along with two others. Maths is always good.





I believe you can only apply to either one or the other for Oxbridge (either Oxford or Cambridge, not both). You also generally need all As and A*s at GCSE and A-levels. It's highly competitive, so I hope you're prepared for some really hard work.
i want to go there too! i'm doing maths, biology, chemistry and physcology at a-levels...get lots and lots of work experience and do extra curriculum activities





good luck
Use a crowbar!
  • makeup hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment