Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice on how to wean my 14 month old from nursing to sleep.?

This is only becoming an issue because I can not slip my boob out anymore without her waking up and throwing a fit..she is now waking up to nurse all through the night(she is getting her molars)..I have tried laying next to her rubbing her back but she only gets pissed. I need some advice..she is my first.Need advice on how to wean my 14 month old from nursing to sleep.?
good luck.Need advice on how to wean my 14 month old from nursing to sleep.?
Yeah, just let her scream it out. She'll get so tired that she falls back asleep. You could try numbing her gums right before you put her in bed with a teething ring or whatever they use now. You might also want to give her a baby aspirin.
I think it's called ferberizing or something, but this guy says you have to let them basically cry themselves to sleep. Wait about 15 minutes, then go in there to show her that you haven't forgotten about her, but don't pick her up. Keep doing this until she gets the idea that she just needs to go to sleep. I started this with my son at 4 months and he sleeps through the night and takes naps whenever I tell him to now. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment