Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can someone advice me how to get rid of house stuff?

i just moved house recently and i have loads of things which i would like to get rid of, but they are too big and too heavy to be sent by mail, can someone recommend me whats the best way to do that? some things i'm gonna give to charity but others i'd like to sellCan someone advice me how to get rid of house stuff?
Check out





www.craigslist.com





over on the right hand side, choose your area. I believe you can advertise for free here and even submit pictures. Craigslist is mostly understood that people need to pick the stuff up. I know several people who have used the site.Can someone advice me how to get rid of house stuff?
you could have a garage sale or take some stuff to salvation army or send to ucp they take stuff or call 1-800-I GOTJUNK
Garage sale or classifieds
go to gumtree .com .in your area.
Local household auctions, or car boot sales.
Fire
I thought that when I wanted to get rid of some stuff, so I listed it on ebay explained collection only and low and behold, I sold everything, everytihng was collected, leave a big wedge for me and more space. Try it you might be surprised how far people will come for what they want.
A yard sale is a good idea. Also, go to http://www.freecycle.org/ and sign up. You can give away your extra stuff to some one who needs it. The best part is they come and get it.
A garage sale.
garage sales are a lot of work. if your looking to get rid of stuff, do a good deed, and at the same time, get a little cash for it- call the goodwill- they will come get it and you can use it as a tax write off. make sure you ask for a receipt. no shame in getting a little back. :)
Use www.freecycle.co.uk!
Well, you could do like I have done. We just moved to a much smaller house and have way to much stuff for here. My hubby get's mad because I have so many clothes and box's of stuff stuffed everywhere. So, I got mad, opened the window, set the garbage can right out the window, and tossed away! This is my second weekend of doing that and I have so much more room now! Some things should have gone a long time ago, others, I would have liked to have kept for those just in case pourposes. But, if I need something I'v thrown out because of the room, he's just gonna have to buy it again. But I must say, my house does look much better doing all the organizing I'v done in the last 2 weekends. And tossing of course! LOL!
Freecycle definately! I know you say you want to sell some of your things but dont forget you can also gain a lot of stuff in Freecycle. Things that you might have been thinking of buying anyway could be what someone else wants rid of!
Throw it over your garden fence
Get yourself a digital camera and e-bay it. Sell your stuff on e-bay and for sure you'll make a killing because someones junk is anothers treasure.
I was in the same position some months ago and sorted everything into piles


Charity


Ebay


Rubbish Dump





Eventually you will get straight. Alternatively the remainder I heard someone had moved to a place without a thing so I offloaded all my extra stuff to her.
Yard sale.





Or Craigslist.com and say that its local pick-up only
There are many good answers you got. You can garage or yard sell them if you have time. Or you can figure out yourself if you'll have need for your stuff in a certain amount of time, say: sell all if you won't need them in 3 months or 6 months, or some time in between. For the rest of them, get yourself a digital camera, and sell them in an auction as a bundle on eBay to the highest bidder. How does that grab you! You'll get some good bids.
I find yard sales to be a lot of work for very little return. I generally give stuff to friends, the Good Will, or other thrift stores. I think Freecycle would be worth checking out as well.
Sell them on Ebay as collection only-I have sold loads of heavier items this way.
some links below to advertise on and there free
You can have a yard sale of course but check in your area for consignment stores. In some areas they are called Upscale Resale, but independent stores are also available in all areas. They will, for a fee usually, pick your pieces up and sell them for you in the store. You decide with them on a price and they take a percentage for the service. Charities like the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and Veterans will pick your items up free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment