Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can someone please lend some advice on just how I am to realise my dream and become a comic book writer?

Hi, I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet or anything but I write really good stories (or so I'm told by people who read them) and would love to translate them into my own comic book series. The only thing is, I'm not sure how to go about it. I absolutely will not back down, am prepared to do whatever work is necessary, will make sacrifices, and when I say I want to make my own comic, I mean the real deal, working up there with Marvel or/and DC. I live in Scotland, am 16, don't have that much money (but I get by well enough), and am in pretty high classes (the highest english class). So please, can anyone suggest words of advice on just how I can achieve my dream. I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.Can someone please lend some advice on just how I am to realise my dream and become a comic book writer?
You know of course that to reach you dream it'll take a while and a lot of work. You seem will to put all the effort you can into reaching that dream. I commend you for that.





The writing part will be easy. The hard part will be the graphics. I suggest that you find a good art school that has a good reputation in creating graphics. I am sure the instructors will be more than willing to give you all the assistance you.


I worked at an art institute that had an excellent graphics department. The work of the students, even the bad ones, did such outstanding work. They also used computers a lot.





Hope this helps and good luck.Can someone please lend some advice on just how I am to realise my dream and become a comic book writer?
Thank you for choosing my answer. Good luck and work on your drawing.

Report Abuse



Well first off, if you can draw, you should go ahead and start a webcomic. However, if you don't but have a friend who is really artsy, ask for their help. Staring a webcomic is a great way to get noticed and have people see your talent. If you need anymore help, feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment